Seven Anne Arundel Community College student-athletes were named to the Maryland Junior College Athletic Conference All-Academic Team for the 2014-2015 year.
- Darek Davis of Edgewater, a South River High School graduate who played attack in men’s lacrosse.
- Taylor Green of Arnold, a Broadneck High School graduate who played defense on the women’s soccer team.
- Katrina Kyllander of Glen Burnie who went to high school in Greenway, Minn., and played outside hitter in volleyball.
- Renee Ruppert of Severna Park, a graduate of Severna Park High School, who ran on the women’s cross-country team.
- Michael Thompson of Lusby, a graduate of Huntingtown High School, who played midfielder on the men’s soccer team.
- Kelsey Wagner of Shady Side, an Indian Creek Upper School graduate who ran cross country.
- Ashley Wilkins of Pasadena, a Chesapeake High School graduate who played midfield and goalie for women’s soccer and ran cross country, who earned a perfect 4.0 GPA.
According to the MD JUCO website, student-athletes are eligible for the MD JUCO All-Academic Team if they have participated in at least one sport for one season while achieving an overall grade-point average of at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale. First-year students must have earned at least 18 credits, while second-year students must have earned at least 42 credits to be eligible for the award.